Apply to the Program
2019-2021 Fellow Application
To apply, please select this link (Fellow Application) to complete an online application. For more information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The FMIGS match is conducted through the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP). You will be required to register for the match on the NRMP website (https://r3.nrmp.org). Below, please see important NRMP dates:
- June 15, 2018: Deadline to Submit Fellow Applications
- June 18, 2018: Application Sharefile Link Forward to Programs
- June 27, 2018: NRMP Match Opens
- August 8, 2018: Rank Order List Entry Opens
- September 7, 2018: Deadline to Schedule Interviews
- September 12, 2018: Quota Change Deadline
- September 26, 2018: Rank Order List Certification
- October 10, 2018: Match Day
The following documents must be included to complete your application:
- Digital photo.
- Curriculum Vitae which includes your educational pedigree, all abstracts, presentations at regional and national meetings, publications, honors, awards and achievements.
- Three letters of reference. One letter should be from your residency director.
- Your residency ACGME case list brief summary (1 page).
- Personal statement discussing your interest in pursuing MIGS training (1 page max).
- ECFMG certificate (if applicable)
- TOEFL IBT certificate (if applicable)
- Official copy of USMLE or LMCC transcript
- If you are currently not a resident in training, provide the following:
- A description of your current practice.
- A list of all hospital staff and teaching appointments currently held, including types of privileges.
- A copy of your malpractice policy.
New Site Application
If you’re an experienced endoscopic surgeon looking to be a Program Director in a fellowship, please click on New Site Application. Please save a copy to your computer. Complete the application and email to the Fellowship office at email@example.com. Applications must be submitted electronically. By becoming a preceptor, you’ll be passing on your knowledge to future generations of doctors.