Recorded: Thursday, April 9, 2020,11 am/PST, 2:00 pm EST
Estimated length: 75 minutes
Cost: No Charge/Open to All
On Demand Available at: SurgeryU – Click here for recording
Join the COVID-19 Discussion Forum: http://discussion.aagl.org
Based on the suggestion that viruses can remain infectious and become dispersed in a plume of aerosolized smoke or steam, we have had to examine the available data and determine if that risk is greater with minimally invasive surgery or laparotomy. Join us as our panelists take the pro and con side of this argument. We will complete the discussion with a management algorithm to assist you as you perform gynecologic surgery during the COVID-19 pandemic. This webinar will also include an interactive Q&A session.
At the conclusion of this activity, the participant will be able to: 1) Evaluate when to employ laparoscopy and/or laparotomy safely; 2) evaluate best safety practices in the operating room; and 3) integrate management strategies into regional practice situations.
This educational activity is designed for all health care providers.
The AAGL is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The AAGL designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity was developed by AAGL and the information is provided for general medical education purposes only and not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a physician relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a patient’s medical condition. The viewpoints expressed in this activity are those of the presenters. They do not represent an endorsement by AAGL. AAGL is not liable for any decision made or action taken in reliance upon the information provided through this activity.
- Mauricio Abrao, MD, São Paulo University, São Paulo, Brazil
- Jubilee Brown, MD, Levine Cancer Institute, Atrium Health, Charlotte, NC
- Introduction: Stephanie N. Morris, MD, MIGS Center Newton Wellesley Hospital, Newton, Massachusetts
- Pro: Magdy P. Milad, MD, Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago, Illinois
- Con: Todd Heniford, MD, Department of Surgery, Carolinas Medical Center, Charlotte, North Carolina, Past Board Member, SAGES and Past President, AHS
- Algorithm: Grace Y. Liu, MD, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Recommended COVID-19 Resources: