Apply to the Program
Fellow Candidate Application: Complete this application if applying for an FMIGS position in a program within the USA or Canada. Only submit your payment when you are ready to submit your application. The deadline to submit your application is June 14, 2019.
The FMIGS match is conducted through the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP). You will be required to register for the match on the NRMP website (https://r3.nrmp.org). Below, please see important dates:
- June 14, 2019: Deadline to Submit Fellow Applications
- June 18, 2019: Application Distributed to Programs
- September 20, 2019: Deadline to Schedule Interviews
NRMP Important Dates:
- June 26, 2019: Match Opens
- August 7, 2019: Rank Order List Entry Opens
- September 18, 2019: Quota Change Deadline
- October 2, 2019: Rank Order List Certification Deadline
- October 16, 2019: Match Day
The following documents must be included to complete your application:
- Digital headshot photo (300 dpi).
- Curriculum Vitae which includes your educational pedigree, all abstracts, presentations at regional and national meetings, publications, honors, awards and achievements.
- Three letters of reference. One letter should be from your residency director. Submit by e-mail at email@example.com.
- Your residency ACGME case list brief summary (1 page).
- Personal statement discussing your interest in pursuing MIGS training (1 page max).
- ECFMG certificate (if applicable)
- TOEFL IBT certificate (if applicable)
- Official copy of USMLE or LMCC transcript
- If you are currently not a resident in training, provide the following:
- A description of your current practice.
- A list of all hospital staff and teaching appointments currently held, including types of privileges.
- A copy of your malpractice policy.
Training Fellowship Site Application
If you’re an experienced endoscopic surgeon looking to be a Program Director in a fellowship, please click on New Site Application. Please save a copy to your computer. Complete the application and email to the Fellowship office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be submitted electronically. By becoming a preceptor, you’ll be passing on your knowledge to future generations of doctors.