AAGL Fellowship Program
2021 Fellowship in Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery (FMIGS) Board of Directors Nominations – Now Open!
- Research Mentor Chatline
- Apply to the Program
- FMIGS Milestones
- FMIGS Observership
- Fellowship in Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery – International (FMIGS-I)
- Definition of a MIGS Surgeon
- Program Requirements
- 2020 Interview Schedule
- AAGL Anti-Harassment and Grievance Policy
- FMIGS Policies and Procedures
- Fund for the Future
- FMIGS Mission Statement & History
- Fellowship Board
- Fellows and Program Directors
- Fellowship Committees
- Compensation Among Graduated FMIGS Fellows
2021 FMIGS PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS
Effective July 1, 2021, the revised version of the FMIGS Program Requirements will apply. Please review and provide us with any comments by e-mail email@example.com, no later than February 28, 2021.
Click here to Download/View the Program Requirements.
2020 IMPORTANT DATES
- Deadline to Submit Applications: July 1, 2020
- Match Opens: June 24, 2020
- Rank Order List Entry Opens: August 5, 2020
- Quota Change Deadline: September 16, 2020
- Rank Order Certification Deadline: September 30, 2020
- Match Day: October 14, 2020
2020 VIRTUAL INTERVIEWS
We are quickly approaching the exciting time of our interview season. Given the continued uncertainty of the current climate, we are anticipating that there still may be some travel restrictions extending into the summer months. This may restrict the ability of some programs to invite applicants to their programs and similarly may restrict fellow applicants from traveling to interviews in certain geographic regions. For this interview season, the FMIGS board unanimously felt that we should create a level playing field for programs and applicants and that all programs should conduct virtual interviews. This is in line with other ob/gyn subspecialty interview processes for this interview season. We know that this will be an adjustment and novel process for some programs.
The link https://gynecologiconcology.wordpress.com/ provides some online interview tips
AAGL’s Fellowship in Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery (FMIGS) was developed to address the concern that most graduating residents in obstetrics and gynecology were not fully trained in modern endoscopic surgery.
The Fellowship is offers a two and three year comprehensive training program in advanced gynecologic endoscopy to graduating gynecologic residents who are interested in a focus in minimally invasive surgery.
• Offered through more than 50 hospital sites.
• Educational objectives focus on evidence-based medicine, anatomical principles, instrumentation, operative laparoscopy, operative hysteroscopy, and robotics.
• In-depth experience using state-of-the-art techniques.
• 400+ AAGL fellows members have graduated.