FELLOW CANDIDATE APPLICATION
The application for the Fellowship cycle starting July 2023 is now available. Please select the link below and complete and submit your application by the May 2, 2022 deadline.
NOTE: FMIGS fellow training is to start no earlier than July 7th or no later than July 15th.
2022 IMPORTANT DATES
Fellow Candidate Application/Interview Schedule
- May 2, 2022: Deadline to Submit Applications
- May 5, 2022: Application Distribution to Programs
- May 25, 2022: First Wave of Interview Notifications
- June 1, 2022: Deadline for Candidates to Accept/Decline Interview Invitation
- June 2, 2022: Second Wave of Interview Notifications
- June 29, 2022: Match Opens
- July 20, 2022: Ranking Opens
- August 24, 2022: Quota Deadline
- September 14, 2022: Ranking Closes
- September 28, 2022: Match Day
Below is a list of supporting documents that must be included with your application, at the time of submission.
The following documents must be included to complete your application:
- Digital headshot photo (300 dpi). Headshot photos will only be uploaded to programs, after an interview has been offered.
- Curriculum Vitae which includes your educational pedigree, all abstracts, presentations at regional and national meetings, publications, honors, awards and achievements.
- Three letters of reference. One letter should be from your residency director. Submit by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your residency ACGME case list brief summary (1 page).
- Personal statement discussing your interest in pursuing MIGS training (1 page max).
- CREOG Scores. Include all available scores and not only the highest.
- ECFMG certificate (if applicable)
- TOEFL IBT certificate (if applicable)
- Official copy of USMLE or LMCC transcript. Submit to the Fellowship office by e-mail email@example.com or surface mail at: 6757 Katella Avenue, Cypress, CA 90630.
- If you are currently not a resident in training, provide the following:
- A description of your current practice.
- A list of all hospital staff and teaching appointments currently held, including types of privileges.
- A copy of your malpractice policy.
NEW TRAINING SITE APPLICATION
If you’re an experienced endoscopic surgeon looking to be a Program Director in a fellowship, please click on New Site Application. Please save a copy to your computer. Complete the application and email to the Fellowship office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be submitted electronically. By becoming a preceptor, you’ll be passing on your knowledge to future generations of doctors.