These links are being provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by the AAGL/FMIGS of any of the products, services or opinions of the corporation or organization or individual. The AAGL/FMIGS bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links. Contact the external site for answers to questions regarding its content.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Epi Info™
- Excellent mobile app for calculating sample size and performing quick analyses.
- EQUATOR Research Guidelines
- Formal guidelines for randomized trials (CONSORT), observational studies (STROBE), systematic reviews (PRISMA), study protocols (SPIRIT) and more.
- University of Minnesota Understanding Research Study Designs
- Quick overview of basic study designs including case series and case reports, case control studies, cohort studies, randomized controlled studies, double-blind method, meta-analyses and systematic reviews.
- Duke University Evidence-Based Practice Tutorial
- Free online tutorial on how to identify a good clinical question, use PubMed and determine the validity of a study.
- REDCap Support Videos
- Collection of short videos overviewing how to use REDCap for various project types.
- Stanford Online Course: “Writing in the Sciences”
- Free self-paced online course on scientific writing. Includes tips for preparing a manuscript, writing without anxiety, preparing a grant and more.
- Stanford Online Course: “Statistics in Medicine”
- Free self-paced online course on statistics in medicine. Reviews descriptive statistics, inferential statistics and specific statistical tests.
- Stanford Online Course: “Introduction to Systematic Reviews”
- Free self-paced online course on how to perform a systematic review.
- John Hopkins Online Course: “Introduction to Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis”
- Free (certificate available for $49), 17-hour, self-paced online course.
- John Hopkins Online Course: “Design and Interpretation of Clinical Trials”
- Free (certificate available for $49), 11-hour, self-paced online course.
- Vanderbilt Online Course: “Data Management for Clinical Research”
- Free (certificate available for $49), 26-hour, self-paced online course.
- Lancet Handbook of Essential Concepts in Clinical Research
- Quick, easy-to-read guide to the essentials of clinical research with a focus on randomized trials.
- PDQ Statistics
- A practical, easy-to-read guide to statistics with a sense of humor.
- Designing Clinical Research
- In-depth clinical research guide providing an overview of epidemiologic concepts, study design and study implementation.
- How to Report Statistics in Medicine
- Medical writing aid with detailed guidelines for reporting and interpreting statistics.
- Biostatistics: The Bare Essentials
- Practical guide to biostatistical tests.