Welcome to AAGL’s specialty page dedicated to minimally invasive surgeons with a focus on robotics.
The 2021 Goals of this SIG are:
- Hold quarterly meetings via teleconference with the AAGL Medical Director.
- SIG Chair to work with the Scientific Program Chair on “topics” for courses.
- SIG to dovetail with the AAGL Research Committee.
- Hold an Annual in-person SIG meeting at the AAGL Global Congress.
- Increase visibility and utility of the robotic SIG group.
- Provide useful practice resources for members.
- Create an improved sense of community and mission.
The SIG Board Members are responsible to produce three (3) Articles each year:
- An Article on Your Most Difficult Case.
- An Article for a Technology Overview related to this SIG.
- Lead-in explaining why two (2) videos were selected from SurgeryU related to this SIG for the AAGL NewsScope.
Would seek to accomplish these goals in the following ways:
- Create a web content committee that will Revamp the Robotic SIG webpage. The new webpage would potentially include:
- Examples from institutions for credentialing protocols
- Examples from institutions for Residency training curriculum
- Tool kit for cost containment and improving efficiency
- Addressing roadblocks in practice:
- Robotic Access
- Video share
- Community Q&A, ie members have the ability to write in with questions and other members provide their advice
- What’s going on around town, ie list of robotic courses, events
- Job posting?
- Send quarterly email to AAGL all members with:
- News from the Robotic SIG
- Edited Surgical video from member (~6min max)
- Member bio
- Establish quarterly phone meeting with all Robotic SIG members
- Create a subcommittee to pursue changes in CPT coding. Lead: Laurence Orbuch.
- To enhance reimbursement for complex cases.
- To argue for unbundling of certain codes
If you are an AAGL member, you can become a member of this SIG by logging in and clicking on the Become a Member of this SIG button on this page.